Sometimes there are no answers to the difficult questions such as yours, “I just believe that there are two sides to every story, yet society picks and chooses who it condemns. I don’t understand why God would let that happen.” Neither do I.
You write, “I just believe…” You have the answer, really. Now, you must learn to live with what you have said. “I believe,” or do you? The word ‘believe’ is the word we also utilize for ‘faith.’ When we ‘believe’ something we are actually saying ‘I have faith.’ Let us begin there.
“Now faith is being sure of what we hope for, being convinced of what we do not see. 2 For by it the people of old received God’s commendation. 3 By faith we understand that the worlds were set in order at God’s command, so that the visible has its origin in the invisible. 4 By faith Abel offered God a greater sacrifice than Cain, and through his faith he was commended as righteous because God commended him for his offerings. And through his faith he still speaks, though he is dead.” HCSB. Someone paraphrased verses one and two like this, “Faith is acting as if it is so in order for it to be so because with God it already is so.” In other words, we must, we must trust God for the outcome no matter how difficult that may be.
We must accept the fact that, “In the beginning, God created…” Genesis 1:1. And early on He took one of Adam’s ribs and created the first woman, Eve. Together they chose to ruin God’s perfect garden paradise He had created for them. “ Now the serpent was shrewder than any of the wild animals that the Lord God had made. He said to the woman, “Is it really true that God said, ‘You must not eat from any tree of the orchard’?” 2 The woman said to the serpent, “We may eat of the fruit from the trees of the orchard; 3 but concerning the fruit of the tree that is in the middle of the orchard God said, ‘You must not eat from it, and you must not touch it, or else you will die.’” 4 The serpent said to the woman, “Surely you will not die, 5 for God knows that when you eat from it your eyes will open and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.” Genesis 1:1-4. The really ‘big lie’ was introduced to them by Satan and, “When the woman saw that the tree produced fruit that was good for food, was attractive to the eye, and was desirable for making one wise, she took some of its fruit and ate it. She also gave some of it to her husband who was with her, and he ate it. 7 Then the eyes of both of them opened, and they knew they were naked; so they sewed fig leaves together and made coverings for themselves.” Genesis 2:6-7.
All sorts of good and evil have been done by the billions and billions of people who have gone before us and this continues to be the fact today. Personally, I am thankful God did not leave His perfect world alone for only Adam and Eve would be alive at this moment. However, God gave them a choice and because of that you and I are. What we do with our reality is a choice to be made by us. Good or bad, the results belong to us and He will judge us accordingly.
I have been around for a mere 72+ years and I want to share briefly some things that have occurred to some people I have known:
- A sixteen year old cousin was killed in a terrible head on car wreck. The driver of the other vehicle crossed the centerline. I was 5 years old.
- A 21-year-old friend was killed in VietNam with only 85 days left before returning to the States. He wrote in a letter to his parents, “God has called me to be a missionary to the Vietnamese.” Well, we do not know the rest of his story of ‘what might have been,’ do we?
- We were missionaries to Peru and during that time one of our missionaries boarded a Peruvian jet for Arequipa. The plane crashed into the side of a mountain and Lynn did not make it home to her children and husband.
- Another Peruvian friend lived in the mountains and some terrorists came to his village. These horrible people killed everyone except for Victor and his little sister who had hidden under their bed.
- My 47-year-old nephew was hit by a car when he was only 18 months old. Today he is a quadraplegic, but his mother and father have tended to his needs for all these years. They have never stopped trusting the God Who is Creator
- My wife is suffering with incurable cancer and for 5 years she has fought this disease ravaging her body, but her faith remains in the One Who has allowed this. We have no answers.
But, please rest assured,
He’s Everything to Me
By Ralph Carmichael
“In the stars His handiwork I see,
On the wind He speaks with majesty,
Though He ruleth over land and sea,
What is that to me?
I will celebrate Nativity,
For it has a place in history,
Sure, He came to set His people free,
What is that to me?
Till by faith I met Him face to face,
And I felt the wonder of His grace,
Then I knew that He was more than just a
God who didn’t care,
That lived a way out there and
Now He walks beside me day by day,
Ever watching o’er me lest I stray,
Helping me to find that narrow way,
He’s Everything to me.”
God has made a provision for everyone to come to Him by faith. Never in the Bible do we find this Creator cowering in a corner because His Created has messed things up. We only question Him, but the reality is, WE DID THIS to His garden. Yes, He allowed us to do some really horrible things. But the reality is also this: “For this is the way God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world should be saved through him. 18 The one who believes in him is not condemned. The one who does not believe has been condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the one and only Son of God.” John 3:16-18.
I fully understand your frustration because I have my own issues for the things we have done and do. The statements I make here will not give you a solution, I know. However, God does give us the only solution coming by faith in Him and His Son Jesus Christ.
Have a blessed day for Jesus is Lord.